Citizens Business BankToluca Lake (Burbank), California
This mixed-use building is a modern, streamlined, mirrored-glass masterwork designed to complement the Burbank Media District with sleek office spaces above ground-level retail. The crowning jewel is the 5,000 square-foot penthouse, created as a showpiece headquarters location atop the building, complete with unique conference rooms and entertainment areas that open onto a sweeping fourth-floor terrace with panoramic views of Toluca Lake and the Verdugo Hills.
In the heart of the Toluca Lake CBD, this dynamic project puts business on the doorstep of Warner Bros.’ headquarters—one of the largest entertainment employers in the country at over 8,000 employees. It also offers easy access to major movie studios, production companies, and the Ventura Freeway.
The project was built as the headquarters for Western Security Bank (now Citizens Business Bank), which occupied 25% of the building. To accelerate leasing on the remaining 75%, we created the penthouse office space and its large terrace overlooking L.A. with the hope of attracting a mogul to something missing in the marketplace. We did.
After a tour of the penthouse, which was a priority for the buildout, a leading insurance company signed the deal on the spot. The building was 100% leased during construction with just two tenants and has always been at least 95% occupied. We ultimately sold it to one of the Disney Family Trusts.
4 stories, 55,000 square feet
YEAR OF COMPLETION
Johannes Van Tilberg & Partners
Kitchen facilities (penthouse)
Fourth-floor deck and patios
Access to Business Center’s meeting room
Video conferencing room